The purpose of XL Bears is to provide a safe space for social gathering and community building for members and admirers of the bear community. XL Bears is an 18+ social group; therefore, membership is not required.
XL Bears recognizes the basic human dignity of all persons regardless of race, religion, nationality or ethnic origin, biological sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, veteran status, or socioeconomic status.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
- Consent is defined as an agreement between participants to engage in activity. It should be given freely and explicitly; consent should not be assumed. This includes, but is not limited to: touch, sex, and the use of alcohol / other substances.
- Everyone has the right to say no in any situation at any time.
- Non-consensual activities are strictly prohibited.
- PERSONAL ENGAGEMENT
- Participants may choose to opt in or opt out of any activity at any time.
- Participants should show respect, by words and actions, for others.
- Participants are encouraged to make others feel safe and welcomed.
- Shaming, inappropriate jokes or comments, and insults surrounding a person’s identity (e.g. race, gender, sexuality, kink/fetish, HIV status, etc.) are strictly prohibited.
- ALCOHOL AND DRUG -- USE
- Abide by establishment rules (e.g. rules and regulations in public spaces such as bars or parks) and local laws.
- Unlawful and illegal behavior and activity are strictly prohibited.
- VIOLENCE AND INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR
- The use of threats or violence is strictly prohibited.
- Harassment, intimidation, discrimination, and assault are also prohibited.
- If a participant experiences or witnesses any activity that does not align with the XL Bear Code of Conduct, they should contact an Ambassador immediately.
- At least one Ambassador will be present at every official XL Bear event. A full list of Ambassadors can be found the XL Bear website.
- All reported activity will be investigated and discussed with the accused party in a timely manner.
- Appropriate measures will be taken to resolve the issue.
- Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct results may result in blacklisting from XL Bear events.